Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhargav Protim Hira   23 January 2023

Is it legal to put a lock on my vehicle without a prior notice by the security guards of my society?

I’m an engineering student studying  in Chennai, yesterday night when I was heading back to my apartment from my friend’s place (around 9 p.m) one of the security guard of my society stopped me at the gate itself when at the time I was entering and threatened me that I’m over speeding or I may be fined for over speeding when I was not, clearly not. Then the next morning a lock is being seen on the rear wheel of my motorcycle. It’s a 400cc sports bike, it does sounds a bit loud but it doesn’t means I didn’t abided any rule or went against them for my happiness by over speeding inside the property/society. I had exams the next day for which I requested them to release my bike and then we’ll talk after returning from my college as I live there, I won’t run away. But the manager also taunted me by saying “Paisa mere se Lelo share auto karke jaao college”. It’s feeling like a harassment to me. What should I do ?

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2023

First of all the Security guard has no authroity to fine.

Goard or the Society has no jurisdiction to confiscate anybody's property.

call police or yorself break the said loss and use your bike.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register