LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manisha GHODKE   30 November 2018

Is any government employee can hold president designation in trekking firm?

My query is any government employee can hold a position of president in the organization who is arrangeging commercial activities like treks?

second thing is he can hold position of society chairman and conduct any other commercial activities along with job?


 5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2018

The concerned govt employee may look into applicable Service Ruels/Conduct and Discipline rules, OM…. and detailed guidelines might be available on whether such activity can be undertaken or not and/or prior intikation is to submitted or not and/or approavel-consent-permission from competent authority is to be aobtaioned or not and/or income from such activity is to be reported or not.


e.g; The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 F.No.11013/11/2007-Estt.(A) Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) North Block, New Delhi,

Dated the 13th November, 2007.

OFFICE MEMORANDUM Subject: CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 - Provisions of rule 15 regarding the holding of elective office by Government servants in Co-operative Societies etc.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2018

Generically speaking; if the position is volountry and without any gain, and society/NGO is registered and indulge in say; charitable causes etc , and the activity is not full time and does  the hinder the performance of duty in govt dept, dept may agree.

So the concerne govt employee may also inform the nature and intent of society/NGO with full/sufficient details to the satisfaction of authority/dept.

IT shall be appropriate to inform under proper acknowledgment and seek prior permission!

Rest the authority in office, experienced collegues etc can guide with rules, OM etc …

There are many threads on similar queries at LCI that can be searched thru SEARCH option on left hand side in this web page in threads, Articles, Files etc e.g; as posted by you and even related ones


Article; “Government Officer can contest Elections and get Reinstated in service”

Under my profile

Rest; Relief is possible if the party that agitates has evidences on compliance with rules and for NO having committed NO misconduct.

1 Like

Manisha GHODKE   01 December 2018

Thanks sir can we share numbers

Manisha GHODKE   01 December 2018

Thank you so much can we share numbers

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2018

If there are issues that you are unable to resolve then; You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife) etc and find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Labor/Service matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs, evidences on record. Obtain proper legal opinion in writing! Avoid acting on your own on hearsay. One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also. Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law. There are such very able counsels at each location. Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Labor Court/CGIT, CAT/School-Educational Tribunal/Civil Courts, HC, SC,.. You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Labor/service matters. Your counsels may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you. Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed. The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many. Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns do not demand unreasonable high FEE. IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent. In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS. You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website. You may if you wish, get in touch with LCI Expert Mr. Jagadish Paranjape and he may be at your location and discuss the matter to your satisfaction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query