Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Person (Engineer)     10 May 2012

Irresponsible mobile network operator company

Hi,

I used "A" company's mobile number for some time then moved to other state and then stopped using the number after a while, i got the payment reminder asking me to pay my bill, i paid that bill and replied back asking them to close my number as i don't want to use the number. Now, after this i used some other number and lost track of my "A" company's number and sim card, i am not sure whether it got thrown out or lost but after 4 months i got a call in my new number from a "A" company's employee asking me to pay the bill or else they will register a complaint against me in the police station. And it seems that in the past 4 months my sim was lost and somebody else was using my sim and made phone calls and sent message from that.

Now my questions are :

1. As i wrote a clear cut main asking "A" company to close the connection, is it my fault that the company did not close the connection and somebody else used it.

2. In worst case scenario can a police complaint be filed against me in the above mentioned case.(As i understand this is a civil case)

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 May 2012

If you have sent a clear mail for disconnection, you are not liable.

You may log in to website of the company and obtain email id of VP-Legal, Company Secretary, MD/CEO, and forward the email with comments company employees are engaged in illegal activities of issuing thread to you/coercion/harassment ( mention the phone number, date time, name of calling person) and company should at once stop phone calls and issue a letter to you on its letterhead, under original seal and signature, that it had received your instructions and phone connection has been disconnected and all bills are paid and there is no outstanding and if company has included your name in list of defaulters and passed it on to any of the collection/recovery agencies ,credit bureaus it has been withdrawn and thus in future there shall be no negative bearing on you. If there is any adverse affect on your credibility company shall be responsible.

You may visit the company’s local RO in your city and represent to Regional Head, with a letter ( same matter as supplied to VP-Legal, Company Secretary, MD/CEO), obtain acknowledgment from them, and their phone number email id and later submit minutes of your discussion with them.

Next time if any one calls you, you may record the phone call, ask the calling person to speak his/her name with sir name, designation, name of company/agency, its address. Thereafter you may issue reminder to VP-Legal, Company Secretary, MD/CEO, and mention that you have represented to Regional Head, and you shall be constrained to lodge a criminal complaint and approach media, if company does not supply you the letter by registered post and refund of your security with interest, so as to reach say within next 7 days.

As per TRAI Rules, Company has to pay interest on security deposit after stipulated time.

You may in fact lodge a complaint with Police commissioner, SHO of your area and mention that persons calling from phone numbers, and RO of company ( give names), are impersonating as Police official/court officials, and threatening to cause you physical harm, and obtain acknowledgment/complaint number.  Let the police call RO staff.

Companies claim that customer has to visit company’s office for disconnection, and obtain FNF payment receipt. You may go thru the terms and conditions mentioned in SEF submitted by you and be ready with your defense.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register