Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jamai Of Law (propra)     11 February 2013

Ipc 218, 167, 466, 467 (does private complaint lie?)

IPC 218, 167, 466, 467 (Does private complaint lie?) gainst a public officila and govt official

Forgery of register , public record, framing the wrong document, etc

It is also being used as an evidence by the Govt as a party to suit.

does private complaint lie, can the law be set into motion against public officials involved?

or does it get trapped in crpc 340/195? making court not to take cognizance

please advise

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

@To whom It may concern(The senior)

In such as case, first the court subordinate(i.e. departmental proceedings) have been given power under section 195 and at the appeal level at hight court 340 of the code comes into play.Please put special emphasis on the line below.

except on the complaint in writing of that Court, or of some other Court to which that Court is subordinate.

The definition of court as per CRPC should be taken to understand the reason behind departmental action first. I am sure, you have more than enough knowledge(If you are not trying to test my knowledge) to understand What I mean by this statement.

Further,In one of your post, you had raised a question as to what would happen if a judge himself found to be corrupt and misuses his power. The answer to your query will lie in 'The Judicial standards and Accountability Bill 2012' which have been passed by 'LokSabha' as of now.

Hope to hear again(If need so arises).

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register