IO submitted False Report

My Accident happened on 30 december 2016, i was hurted grievously by an Unknown Tractor which hit me and ran away. Later police and ambulance was called by a nearby person who helped me in sending to the Hospital for first aid to the Government Hospital where the Injury report was made and then referred to different hospital for further better treatment of my Injuries. The total time taken for recovery was around 6 months after which i thought of getting the FIR lodged at the Police station. 3 times i took round of station but the inspector refused internally and changed the topic by asking for evidences and other proofs. As My treatment was cashless so i didn't had any memo or bills. Only what i had was just my Xray and discharge certificate. Which he was not accepting, after Sometime i somehow managed asked higher officials for help they asked them to see to it, and after that day Sub Inspector accepted my application and right there said to me that firstly he will check and verify and then he will register FIR to which i agreed and went to home. 10 days passed but no calls and messages of the Sub Inspector. Once i called him, he said that the investigation is going on and cut the call. After passing 3 more days i was getting mad and forced to make an application to SSP and then he directed to him with subordinates for investigation and action. Later the Sub Inspector submitted a false report that as per the application no incident has been verified in the Investigation due to which no action can be taken. . So now my query is What should i do when the report is falsified and i dont know what to do in this situation! How can i challenge him and where to challenge him? People have suggested me to request the SP to change the IO for correct report of investigation.

After issuing due notice to gthe opposite party/police file a Writ of Mandamus seeking directions tothe police to register a fresh FIR  submit accurate reports by IO and if necessary  by changing the IO as they are falsifying reports.Also pray that direct police to initiate action against the true culprits after thorough investigation.


First, do you have any information about that tractor? Are you aware if any accident report was made by police at the time of accident? Since you refer to cashless, so you have claimed insurance? Point is what do you want from the case?

In my opinion, you can also move an application to the judicial magistrate of your district u/s 156(3) of CrPC and let him in on all the details including the unwillingness of the Sub-Inspector to conduct proper investigation. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x