LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     02 August 2020

Internet broadband service discrepency grievance

I would like to represent myself as party in person.

I have a grievance against a reputed internet service provider regarding discrepancy of Broadband internet connection and refund issue.

Can I approach Consumer Forum or is its jurisdiction barred ?

Which Acts are relevant.

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 August 2020

First explore all possibilities.   Make a complaint/grievance to TRAI.   Issue a Registered notice to Service provider after making on line complaint.   Build up a record of the efforts and within 2 years from such deficiency of service, appear party in person.  The total costs may not be more than Rs.500/- including all, and if you can just explain to the bench the exact laid down rule, and deficiency of service it is enough.  The formalities are very less.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 August 2020

As per the Telecom Consumers Protection and Redressal of Grievances Regulations, 2007, in case a consumer has a complaint, the first step is to register the complaint at the toll free Call Centre number of the service provider and obtain a docket number, confirming registration of the complaint..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 August 2020

Yes, you can file and proceed in your complaint.

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     03 October 2020

Thanks to all learned Counsels. I made a complaint to call center followed by email. I copied their nodal officer and Apellate Authority on the matter who categorically rejected my grievance asking for refund. The service provider has an online form to make an appeal to Apellate Authority but the form needs a unique complaint number in addition to regular docket number, for which reason, I am not able to take it further. I have a strong case. I request learned Counsels to clarify my further questions below..

Shri GLN Prasadgaru : As per website of TRAI - "TRAI Act, 1997 does not envisage handling of individual consumer complaints by TRAI. Consumers are advised to take up their complaints with their respective service providers. Complaints, if any, received in TRAI are forwarded to the service providers". Service provider has categorically rejected my grievance brought to their notice (Nodal Officer and Apellate Authority) vide email. Whom should I approach next?

Thanks for your time and attention. I sincerely appreciate it. Regards !

Dr J C Vashistagaru : Where should I file my complaint when TRAI doesn't look at individual complaints and service provider (both Nodal Officer and Apellate Authority) has rejected my grievance ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 October 2020

@Sri Raghavender,

Sir,

Every one of us is aware of such a lethargic action.  Please go through earlier replies and issue a Notice under the CP Act stating the services the company has to provide, the consideration fee paid, the deficiency of service, and the efforts and demand for the return of the amount, costs, and compensation for harassment.   Wait for a month and then file a consumer complaint in District Forum.   The total costs if filed in person may not exceed Rs.500/- in all.   The only thing you have to show is the deficiency of service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register