LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishvesh (general manager)     03 January 2014

Interest on unpaid amount

if a member of housing society is not paying major repairs contribution, can they be consider as defaulters. Can society show this amount in their monthly bills. This is common problem in all societies so i request to answer my query. Also mention section if any. Thank you in advance


 2 Replies

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     04 January 2014

Dear friend

Yes, this is a problem faced by many societies. If your repair work is following the due process of society bye-laws and co-operative societies act then you can put that amount in a debt account of that member. You can also recover the same by Court proceedings. This amount would always remain as a charge over that flat and the member would have difficulty selling it. 



Advocate, Supreme Court of India

2BHelpfull (Other)     07 January 2014

major repair fund amount is always added in monthly maintainus bill.


major repair fund n sinking fund are statutory fund which r to be complusory maintained by the society.


it is included in mnthly maintainous bill.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register