Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (md)     30 June 2010

inlaws forcing my wife for divorce

Hello seniors,

please help me i am in very bad situation now.

i am married to my wife from last three years and we dont have any problem with each other . all our friends used to say that you two are perfect couple you never fight. now i have sent my wife to her parents for some days to stay with them as she wanted to. now they are not allowing me to contact her or see her from last two months. i know she loves me lott. but they must emotionally blackmailing her or something else but she even stopped replying to my emails. i dont know why my inlaws wants to ruined our life. they called me and said that she wants divorce and we dont let her talk tto you. i dont know what to do . they are continuously trying to make me angry i think they want me to do something wrong so that they can show that to my wife that i am not a good guy.

please help seniors i am tired fighting now.

Learning

19 Replies

kranthi (retainer advocate)     30 June 2010

u can file the case before family court  to get back ur wife i.e., for restitution of conjugal rights better u can contact advocate

thanks a lot for your prompt reply sir. but the main thing is i dont know what they have told to my wife. because i cant believe she is not trying to contact me from 2 months. they must have said something to her like if you go to your husband's place we will do suicide or something. if that is the case she will not say in court that she wants to be with me. please tell me sir how can i handle such situation.

(Guest)

Emotions and sentiments are required upto a point when spouses are in good relationship terms after that......

1. Suggest to suspend for a moment 'emotions and sentiments thoughts" and think retrospectively and prospectively from your head since what you have narrated is your views and your wife's view point is still under suspense so not much of legal guidence could come forward.

2. There are two suggestion (independent) one is to get hold of a common friend of both of you and "feel her" being neutral on one side and seond one is the moment you file S. 9 RCR under HMA (assuming it is a Hindu marriage) the counceling for spouse will start wherein in front of councelor you will come to know her thoughts and people behind her motives and then you may proceed further in life with her or without her whatever is best for given situation.

3. The first option has only advantage that is, no provocation (legally means) from your side is done and it is just a neutral "feeling her" initiative proposed by husband.  In second option if FIL / MIL are provoking her then it will come out open and may be some counter cases from her side will be visibly seen on floors of various Courts / Legal cells so think deep from your head cpacity of what you can do and what you want now to do since she is no more in communication terms with you.

ATB, Rgds

Thanks a lot for your brief reply sir but i never involved in court matters before so i didnt got much what are you trying to say. sir can you please explain it in bit detail. thanks a lot once again for your help sir.

(Guest)

Dear Sachin,

What is there to understand in following option 1 which is to get hold of a common friend / relative known to husband and wife and via that person initiate talks by asking wife what she is thinking and or how she feels for you and or why she is ex communicating you and or how she is manging her life without you and or does she need anythign from you and or etc etc etc etc etc?

What that common friend / relative known to both of you is exactly going to talk I can't give more details than above suggestions as I myself donot know anything much about you and your wife and or the events or situation that lead to such communication gap between you two, so no lengthy epic details can be given here other than suggesting one of the possible approach to break ice between non communicating wife by a husband in such times.

Gurudev you are a husband kindly apply little brain from a husband side also on how to win a wife or you want those details also in an open forum !

All the best, Regards.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 June 2010

1) you may pray for RCR.

2) you may go to police or contact mahila thana for get back to your wife.

3) if your wife has any complain then it should come to you from her mouth only, or in writting.

4) you may pray at hc for a heabeous curpous for her.

but before doing anything legally i want to talk to my wife to know if she is with me or not . if she doesn't like me anymore and dont want to stay with me than i also dont want to harrash her. i am simply ready to give her divorce if she wants it but will never if her father wants it. thanks sir for your replies it really helped me to know legal issues. thanks a lot and please pray for my marriage.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     01 July 2010

Dear Sachin,

I bow my head for ur dedication towards ur wife. U have three options as Mr. Gupta suggested. More over, u are stating about the wish of ur wife. then my submission is that the marriage is a Holy Bond of two persons made by God, it is not like a play of 2 or 3 minutes which had been played and the relations had been broken after that merely on the ground that it was the wish of one of the spouse. Go to her and ask the reason as to y she is not interested to join ur company. For more queries u can call me at 9871158578  

sachin (md)     02 July 2010

Originally posted by :Prabhakar
"
Mr. Sachin,

You do not need any legal or any other advice.  You are not only quite intelligent but also a very good human being.  Hence, no harm will happen to you.  If any one wants to harm you, they are losing some thing and not you.  If your wife wants to live with you, she is the luckiest.  If she wants to have a divorce, give it to her, but definitely she is losing a very good human being and she will not be getting the companionship of some other such good person in her life time.
"

thanks a lot sir. but the only problem i will face is i wont be able to forget her ever. we have passed 3 golden years together and i am not able to understand why its happening to me . why they want divorce without any reason. is there any law which will allow me to talk to my wife in private (without her parents)?

sachin (md)     02 July 2010

thanks for your replies arun sir, arup kumar, prabhakar sir and rakhi mam. i really appreciate your time and help.

Self service (None)     02 July 2010

Dear Sachin,

I passed thru same condition just before few months. Only difference I moved fast and saved myself.

My sincere advice stop thinking like Pet and think like MAN. Senior members are giving right advice.

You should decide : You want to stay with her or not? Definetly she dont want to stay with you what ever reason.

If being a wife she can do this kind of act with you what is surety she will not do other harms to you now in future under pressure of her parents?

As  you are saying ur In laws not allowing you to talk same thing happened to me.

First go to Sr. Police officers and then local police station with copy of same request and ask them to come to PS. In application ask for councelling with some back ground do not use words that looks like complaint.

Once they come to PS every thing will come out. If you keep crying may be one day police will knock your door with dowry charges.At same time contact local lawyer and send notice for RCR.

Based on RCR reply,  talk to lawyer and take necessary action. This all will help you to face any legal challenges in future.Other wise just a simple question will be diffcult to answer for you : As a responsible husband what serious actions you have taken to take your wife back who is not with you from last 2 months?

Above steps will force them to clear intentions. they may be cooking some thing and waiting for right time.

In my case I did all above in 2 weeks and got money demand, threats and public insult. That helped me to take right decision and move to court fast before they can do any thing.

In your post you said you never been to police /court etc. No one in  this world get experience from mothers womb every one learned some time. You have to learn and face as you did marriage first time.

Self service (None)     02 July 2010

Gurudev you are a husband kindly apply little brain from a husband side also on how to win a wife or you want those details also in an open forum :)

Excellent !!! Arun jee..

sachin (md)     03 July 2010

is there any law which will allow me to talk to my wife in private (without her parents)?

(Guest)

YES it is called;

1. Manu Smriti un-codified Law of golden era which Britishers codified into HMA
https://www.hindunet.org/manu_smriti/index.htm

2. Myne's Treatise on Hindu Law which even Hon'ble SC refers to in asked catch 14 situation you are into.

https://www.4shared.com/file/131066255/4fd4c6dc/mayne-treatise-on-hindu-law-and-usage.html

3. I hate Love stories - the latest movie in town to relax and plan your next move accordingly.

Rgds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register