LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murugesha (Engineer)     22 April 2009

Inherited Property - Rights to Grandsons

Dear Experts,

Please help me on problem. The story is

Ours is a Joint family (5 Members) , i am the Helder son of my father who is the 2nd member of my family, my father is uneducated studied upto 3rd stad.. only, my grand father was died 10 years ago he is having a property of 4 acres which was inherited to my fathers 5 members of my family.My fathers sold this property of 4 acres to some one in my villeage, all the 5 members were signed and registered the property to the buyer.

But as it is a property of grand father do i(Grand sons age Above 22 Major) have rights over this property ?

Do they need signature and thumb impression of grand sons age Above 22 at the time of registration ? to sell the inherited property.


 7 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     22 April 2009

if it is agricultural property, local law of concerned state is to be seen. pls specify the state in which property is situated. if  urban land, pls. specify your religion.

jayaveladvocate (Lawyer)     23 April 2009

In view  fluid proposition of laws regarding Hind Undivided family  it is bettter to take out signature of the parties than to eke out a hefty fees and time resources for the litigation but  precisly before 2005 there was no need for signature of  coparceners


i agree with dr. tripathi. pl. provide information.


Murugesha (Engineer)     24 April 2009

Thanks for the repl...

The Property is a Agricultural Land and is in Karnataka State, and the Registration was done on 2007.

Please provide me the clear information... Waiting for your reply...



Sheelu (NA)     30 July 2011


Dear Sir,

Is it allowed to sell a property under Power of Attorney?

is it possible to Register My Property under Power of Attorney ?

S. Joseph

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     10 August 2011

It was necessary to take your consent prior to alianating the ancestral property. But as it is already sold, now you can file a suit for partition of the ancestral propert arraying all the co-sharers and the purchaser as DEFENDANT. SO THAT, YOU CAN GET YOUR SHARE OF THE LAND OR THE PROPERTIONATE COST OF THE SAME.

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     10 August 2011

if you are unable to look after the property belonging to you or unable to arrange a purchaser, then you can execute a registered power of attorney, empowering the power of Attorney holder to arrange,sale the property on your behalf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register