LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anononymus (Business)     01 September 2010

Inheritance through the WILL

Mr. X  & Mrs built a property in New delhi with thier joint finances. on the rented part of the property  they have been

paying taxes indiviually  on 50:50 basis for several years to date. There is no proof with either of the party that Mr. X & Mrs. X  had contributed to the purchase/ construction on 50:50 basis. Tax authorities have never sent any notice to either of the party about the correctness of their statement of 50;50 contibutions.The property stands registered jointly in their names.

On the demise of Mr. X interstate, will Mrs. X  automatically become the sole owner of the whole  property, or their children can  also claim their  shared rights to 50% of the property between them incuding Mrs. X  left by the deceased MR. X.  This can lead to dispute between Mrs. X and her children on the partition of the  said property.

What could have been done by Mr. X  in his life time to avoid such a situation. Is it  advisable to Mr. X , that he should have wriiten  a Will that on his demise, his 50%  share of the property shall go to Mrs. X..

Learning

2 Replies

unique horn (self)     01 September 2010

Yes, Mr. X should have bequeath his 50% shall go to his wife alone.

Vimal Rajput (Worker)     03 September 2010

HI

I have will which was done in december 2003 by my grand uncle for me which was witness by 2 person at Ahmedabad. The property is in Uttar Pradesh and in 2004 rule came that only registered will are valid to which i was unaware. Again in 2004 one of the witness died. And in 2010 My grand uncle died. Now Uttar Pradesh Goverment ask only for registered will, and when we tried to register it they asked us both the witness to which one is dead. so now how we can register the will if one of the witness is died although the the will is notarised.

thanks

with regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register