LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayanta Bandyopadhyay   23 December 2022

Informal rental arrangement . widow's right

Husband had an understanding [ not written agreement] with Landlord for shop space on rent. There are money receipts only. After husband's death, can widow enforce landlord to continue rental arrangement of space for continuing business. Kindly guide. Landlord has sold out property without any eviction notice to tenant? Now landlord has filed petition at District Court.




 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 December 2022

You have no right to the shop.

Jayanta Bandyopadhyay   23 December 2022

Many thanks. Would you please mention about applicable act, law, section, case laws etc.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2022

receipts itself are agreement. So the tenancy of th shop is incuberance which has been pruchased by new owner.  He is bound by the greement of old owner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register