Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jiger (trainee)     16 May 2012

Industrial dispute act

Hi Expertise,

While reading definition of Idustrial Dispute under ID ACT,1947; There is a point " dispute should be connected with 2.conditions of labour of any persone" & 3. "the dispute may be in relation with workman or workmen or any other person in whome they are interested" 

Can anyone plz explain the meaning of these line with example because for me I am not able to understand the motive/meaning behind these lines.

Kindly Help.

Regards,

Jsavani.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2012

Mr.Jiger,

1.There must be a dispute or difference

2. The dispute or difference should be between, employers and employers or employers and workmen or worken and workmen

3. The dispute or difference must be connected with the employment or non-employment or the terms ofemployement or the conditions  of labour of any person.

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response; but I want to understand the definition in practical way. definition I have I understood also but theoreticaly and not practicaly so if you or someone can response in practical way/eg. so it will be great.

Thanking & REgards,

Jigar

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     16 May 2012

The object of ID Act is to maintain industrial peace. Therefore an Industrial dispute is a collective dispute meaning thereby that a redressal of grievance of an individual workman can be addressed by an industrial court when it is sponspred by a group of workmen. usually there is union of workmen in an industry. But if the employee does not have a union where he is working, his dispute can be taken up by a union of workmen in similar industry.  for example if an employee is working in a newspaper establishment where there is no union, his dispute can be sponsored by another union of newpaper employees/ journalist..

Industrial dsipute should be in relation to conditions of service. ie in relation to working hours/wages/ weekly off/ overtime/ holidays etc. So a dispute which has no relevance to his employment can not be referred for adjudication.  for example if a union asks for releiving its executives to attned court cases and is declined by employer, it will not be an Industrial Dispute.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     16 May 2012

What is your basic problem?

ID ACT,1947.

"dispute should be connected with conditions of labour of any persone" &  "the dispute may be in relation with workman or workmen or any other person in whome they are interested" 

I want explaination for this with eg. as I cant understand this on practical base.(I know the meaning of sentence & words,but what does this sentence mean)

Regards,

J.

Thank you SINGH SIR,

I WILL AGAIN GET BACK TO YOU.

REGARDS,

J.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register