Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram   18 December 2023

Indian evisa application after 498 fir quashed by high court and dv case withdrawn

I was Indian citizen when my ex wife filed 498 FIR in police station and DV case filed for maintenance in local magistrate court. 

Later we compromised the dispute and we got divorce and also FIR was quashed by high court based on our mutual memo of compromise. No charge sheet was filed, the FIR status was under investigation when it was quashed by high court. DV case got ex-parte order as I didn't receive summons and judgement came in favor of ex-wife but after compromise she had withdrawn the DV case.

Recently I became Canada citizen and plan to visit India on e-visa.

The e-visa application has this question - what to answer

Have you ever been arrested / prosecuted / convicted by court of law of any country?

I was never arrested or convicted.

I was not prosecuted as no chargesheet filed by police and no trial happened.

DV case filed for maintenance I believe comes under civil law.

Could I say NO here?

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 December 2023

Mentioning "NO" in the column will be appropriate in your case.

SAM (LEGAL)     18 December 2023

Mention "NO" in the column

ram   18 December 2023

my indian citizenship renunciation application got stuck at security clearance which i applied before the FIR quash. so it seems the authorities have the info. only difference now is this evisa i will be applying after the FIR quash.

SAM (LEGAL)     18 December 2023

Obtain certified copy of order of High court and keep that copy with you whenever you need to show to any authority

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register