Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarah Lloyd-Hughes (n/a)     23 July 2010

Indemnity Bond help

Hi,

I'm a UK citizen with a problem that probably seems very simple from India. I'm in the UK these days and have a PF settlement to recover from my Indian employer. The cheque for this sum was lost in the post to the UK and now I'm being asked for an indemnity bond - is this usual practice?

Could someone please advise me on the correct format and how to go about arranging this, when I'm in the UK?

Thank you very much,

Sarah

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     10 September 2010

You have to sign the bond. The model form is provided by the PF office itself. They have to safeguard their interests, if tomorrow the lost cheque is traced and encashed without their knowledge.

Sarah Lloyd-Hughes (n/a)     10 September 2010

Thanks for your reply Ranganathan,

I have an indemnity bond certified by the Indian embassy in London, but as you may know, it's not possible to get 100Rs paper in the UK. I can't see any way to get this paper stamped with 100Rs unless I go to India, which is impossible for me.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sarah

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     10 September 2010

No need to purchase the stamp paper in UK. Some get it in India and the matter is typed on it and notarized by the Indian Embassy in UK attesting your signature on it. You can get in touch with the PF people in India who will guide you properly and get the thing done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register