Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ahmed (none)     11 June 2011

income tax /any other tax for NRI

Dear Sir,

Please be informed that i was working in india in 2006-2007 and have pan card.

since 2007 i am working in different parts of world for bread and butter but have not yet filed my tax return.

i am saving the money and sending it to my SBI -saving account. (its non NRI account).

Do i need to file tax return for all these years ? 

if i transfer money to my NRI account in another bank , still i need to pay any kind of tax or not or to file the tax return.

kindly inform in detail.

Learning

3 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     11 June 2011

Depend on your residential status as per conditions below:

The following Table given below summarize the Rule of residence for the assessment year 2009-2010.

In the case of an Indian Citizen who leaves India during the previous year for the purpose of employment (as a member of the crew of an Indian Ship)

In the case of an Indian Citizen or a person of Indian origin ( who is abroad) who comes on a visit to India during the previous year.

In the case of an individual [other than that mentioned in column (1) and (2)]

( 1 )

( 2 )

( 3 )

(a.) Presence of at least 182 days in India during the previous year 2008-2009
(b) Non-functional

(a) Presence of at least 182 days in India during the previous year 2008-2009.
(b) Non-functional

(a) Presence of at least 182 days in India during the previous year 2008-2009.
(b) Presence of at least 60 days in India during the precious year 2008-2009 and 365 days during 4 years immediately preceding the relevant previous year (i.e., during April 1, 2004 and March 31, 2008.)

ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS AT A GLANCE

• Resident in India in at least 2 out of 10 years immediately preceding the relevant previous year [ or must satisfy at least one o f the basic conditions, in 2 out of 10 immediately preceding previous years ( i.e. 1998-99 to 2007-08].

• Presence of at least 730 days in India during 7 years immediately preceding the relevant previous year ( i.e. during April 1, 2001 and March 31, 208.)

ahmed (none)     11 June 2011

Dear Sir,

is it means 182 days cumulative ? 

i come indian on yearly vacation only. say 30-50 days in year.

is it means no tax applicable and i no need to fine any tax return despite of having pan card ? 

awaiting your reply.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     11 June 2011

its not cumulative but 182 days during a year may be in parts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register