Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Manager)     18 December 2014

In laws have thrown me & husband out of house

Hi,

Mine is an inter-caste marriage. We waited 10 years to convince my In-laws for our marriage and last year in 2013 we got married. 

My in laws being UPite always kept talking about dowry of how other brides have brought in their families and I kept on ignoring it. However after 6 months of marriage, they started creating misunderstanding between me and my husband. Their aim was to separate us so that they can re-marry their son in their caste and get dowry which they couldn't get since he married me. They kept on asking us to leave the house  since my husband always stood by my side.

Finally we were thrown out of the house without any belongings. Right from our clothes, my wedding Jewellery that my parents gave me, my mangalsutra which my husband gave me in wedding. Even all our bank related documents like FD's, ATM cards, Just everything.

I and my husband are now staying in a rented house and struggling to get our life on track.

All I want to know is how can I get all my belongings back from my in laws. Is there a legal way?

In laws are not ready to talk to us, they abuse us all the time and there is no chance that they will return all my belongings If we simply ask them to do so, since they are the most cunning people.

Can you experts please let me know what I need to do to get my belongings back.

Thanks

Shweta Rane-Singh

Learning

5 Replies

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     19 December 2014

Since this is a very delicate matter, you have to involve some elder to intervene.

This elder who intervenes should neither be too adamant nor be too weak. He/ She should be

smart and wise and very patient and someone who will visit them and speak to them more than

thrice, and be patient even if they insult.

Let the talks take shape in such a way that atleast all your belongings are given to you and  

you are allowed to arrange for a goods van and take your belongings.

In case this does not work, the light method is POLICE COMPLAINT and the

EXTREME HARSH method is HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION.

Please be aware that approaching both Police and Human Rights Commission will

PERMANENTLY SEAL THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU, YOUR HUSBAND AND

YOUR IN-LAWS. 

Lot of SIDE-EFFECTS would be there for many many years and a Life-Time bitterness

would exist in the relationship.

The choice is yours.

BUT IF YOU ARE A CUNNING FOXY AND VILY AND SCHEMING  WOMAN, JUST COMING TO THIS

FORUM TO TEST WHAT WOULD BE THE SOLUTION AND TO PREVENT THAT SOLUTION  AND

SLOWLY BUT STEADILY BRAIN-WASH YOUR HUSBAND, CREATE A RIFT AND THEN

SEPARATE HIM FROM HIS PARENTS AND FAMILY AND THEN TAKE HIM OUT TO LIVE

SEPARATELY AS YOU ALWAYS DESIRED OR TAKE HIM TO LIVE WITH YOU AND YOUR

PARENTS IN YOUR PARENTS' HOME, THEN AS PER THE LAW OF NATURE,

ONE FINE DAY, SOME OR THE OTHER ACTION OF YOURS WILL EXPOSE YOUR

TRUE INTENTIONS AND YOU WILL END UP WITH DOUBLE DAMAGE FOR AN

ENTIRE LIFE-TIME.

BUT IF you are GENUINE, then you may take the suggestion from this post of mine.

Also, if you are approaching the Human Rights Commission, please be double-sure of

whether it is the COMMISSION or COUNCIL.

Human Rights Council is NOT the government body.

It is plainly a private NGO.

Always approach the COMMISSION....Human Rights COMMISSION.

Alternatively, as alternative options, you may even file a police complaint.

Irrespective of whose property it is, without a proper legal eviction notice, you and your

husband cannot be thrown out.

Legally, It goes against the PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL JUSTICE and many articles of the

constitution guaranteeing you your FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS as an INDIAN CITIZEN,

would stand to be violated, if you and your husband are thrown out UNCEREMONIOUSLY.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 December 2014

If wife's stree dhan is usurped by the inlaws, there are other provisions, like section 406 I.P.C.  S.498-A is meant to protect the wives from physical and mental harassment for any reason including the reason of dowry demand.  It does not say, that refusal of returning streedhan by husband or his relatives give scope to a wife to invoke S.498-A.  Even civil law suit for recovery also will come to aid for the wife to recover stree dhan.  If invoking Section 498-A is stopped to recover dowry articles and stree dhan and it is used only to protect the wives, who are facing physical and/or mental harassment, then genuine victims will get protection.  I repeat for recovery of stree dhan etc. there are other provisions in law, which are equally effective and may not spoil the relationship of husband and wife beyond repair.  

Shweta (Manager)     19 December 2014

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely try the elders method again and if that doesn't work then will take the next step. 

Regards,

Shweta

SuperHero (Manager)     20 December 2014

Please always take the help of Elders to resolve the problem amicably.

Hope you find someone and your in laws would listen to their words.

10 years is a big time and Wish You Happy Married Life.

Wish You Good Luck.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2014

The chances that the elders intervention also may not work with the adamant in laws.if it fails to invoke any response, you may better try the option of approaching the issue legally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register