LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Businessman)     02 April 2022

I kicked and punched my neighbor's driver for being provocative and shouting. what charges could be filed against me?

3 days ago, my neighbor appointed a new driver who was unaware of our society rules. He parked his employer's car in our area which my father and my big brother objected. He then came close to my father's space and debating in a loud voice. When my brother intervened, he did the same to him also.
I pushed him back and told him to lower his tone and speak by standing back. He then came too close to me like he father's threatened to beat me up by which I got angry and kicked his leg and punched him on his chest.

He then went inside and threatened to take legal action. What charges could be filed against me and that driver? Pls mention acts and section number defining them.


 4 Replies

Adv. Satyendra kumar chauhan (advocate)     04 April 2022

If he has not filed complaint yet then it is not likely that police will register his complaint but still he can get it registerd by Court. So Its better if you approcah first to get your complaint registered. He can register complaint against you in sections 323. 504 and 506 of Indian Penal Code. 

Shailesh (Businessman)     05 April 2022

Can you tell me that why he can register complaint against me for insullting him when I just kicked and punched him? As you said that charges could be filed against me of IPC 504?

Adv. Satyendra kumar chauhan (advocate)     05 April 2022

I am telling you practical reality that is how generally FIR are registered. Don't run behind the truth when you involve yourself in legal arena. Just a simple advice if you wish to follow.

Shailesh (Businessman)     05 April 2022

I am asking that what charges could be proved if the witnesses tell the truth to the court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query