LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (AM)     14 April 2012

Husband register on shaadi.com is it a crime

My Brother in law physicaly and mentaly torchured my sister and thrown her out of matrimonial house.  Within few days of marriage he registered on shaadi.com to search new girl and in status mentions Waiting for divorce when there is absolutely no legal steps are taken for divorce he only verbly asks mutual concent divorce to sister.  We have filled domestic violeance case and police case.

1) My Question is it a crime if husband register on shaadi.com and in status mention waiting for divorce.  Where should we make complaint ( cyber cell or police or court ),

2) If its crime under which law.

Pl. Advice

Thank You

Learning

8 Replies

mrgop (Owner)     14 April 2012

If you can prove with evidence that the profile was registered by your husband, it becomes mental cruelty.

Ashish (AM)     14 April 2012

Sir, we have print out of profile with his photo but how to prove that this profile is registered by him. I think only cyber crime cell can prove it, Will they help us if you go to them with profile printout and received copy of police case and domestic violence case or any other legal way to prove in court.

mrgop (Owner)     14 April 2012

Print out of profile is not enough because somebody else or even you can register his profile to make such allegations later. You have to prove that the amount paid through his bank account, and/or he is accessing the profile from his home pc or mobile. you will have to file a complaint befor the cyber cell, but in this case i'm not sure if you can make such a complaint about his profile. Please contact a local lawyer.

Self service (None)     14 April 2012

Does not make any sense, any one can register and he is saying his status us "waiting for divorce" ...You won't get any thing out of all these. He is very clear that he don't want to live with your sister. So ask your sister what she wants and close the deal.

No meaning of making legal issue of this, as he wil say your sister left him and he is looking for some one else..

Self service (None)     14 April 2012

Your question #1:

Ans: NO

#2:

Ans: No such law...

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 April 2012

wise settle the dispute in 6 months ...

others take 6 years ...

Democratic Indian (n/a)     15 April 2012

Just see in the profile if it says phone verified. It is says so it means the representative from website had called up the profile creater at givien contact number and verified he had created profile. Such profile creation can come under mental cruelty.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

It can be termed as mental curelty, if proved that the profile was indeed created by the husband.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register