LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pb I   27 April 2020

Husband not allowing to talk to kids

Im married for the past 8 years. Mine is a love marriage. We both belong to different language.My husband and his family kept on accusing me every single thing in my life. They even separated me from my family. We were living separately abroad and one day he quit his job and came to India. Ever since then my husband ,his mom and brother used to accuse me. My husband even stopped consummating our wedding. He also stopped coming to stay with me in my room. He started to hit me. I have two kids they were going to school so I was adjusting everything. But one day he bet me badly so much that I came out of his house and went to my parents place. My father tried to reconcile but he kept saying his brother is not in India and only after he come we can talk. It's been almost a year now. No one from his family or my husband has tried to unite us. My husband doesn't even answer my calls.Now in Corona I was worried about my kids so I keep calling him but he is not answering my calls. He is not replying to my messages even. I only left my kids with him because I was not working at that time. My kids were also going to school so didn't want to spoil their education but at the same time I couldn't bear the physical and mental abuse that my husband gave. I'm so worried about my kids and I'm so scared what had happened to them that he is not even allowing me to talk to them. Please suggest what can I do? I'm not ready for divorce. I want to live with my husband and kids.


 5 Replies

Kaustav Sen   27 April 2020

I would like to suggest you that make a meeting with your family as well as your husband family, as well as I would also suggest you that involve 3rd person who will be just like a neutral person just like a local councilor..(it will much better) while meeting with both families...

Pb I   27 April 2020

Thanks for the reply Sir! My husband is not even answering my calls or replying to my messages. My father tried to contact him several times to resolve this issue but he is not answering our call. No one from his family has also spoken to me or my family. What to do in this situation? I'm ready to go back to my husband house. All I want is to live peacefully with my kids and husband but I'm scared as he might not allow me to see my kids or what if he doesn't allow me to enter his house ? I'm not ready for separation.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2020

As the mother, you are entitled to custody of the child. Your initial steps could be in this direction.

Kaustav Sen   28 April 2020

if you don't want any further court proceedings, then it will be better that first ,one of your family member go and talk to local councilor of your husband... where he reside.... because his area local councilor can take an action. and make an arrangement for a meeting...IF YOU THING THAT EVEN HIS AREA COUNCILOR DON'T RESPONSE ,THEN TALK YOUR OWN AREA COUNCILOR...DO THIS PROCESS FIRST

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     29 April 2020

Dear Querist

there is two option, one is social and one is legal, in a social option you may choose your common friends and relatives and try to reconcile and settled the matter amicably with him and his family.


the second option is legal, in which you have to fight to get your rights, visitation and custody both are your rights and you may get those rights by the order of the court, so choose the first social option, if failed then legal action may be availed.


You may file the domestic violence case against him before the magistrate court and claim protection, right to residence, monetary relief, child custody, and compensation under section 18,19,20,21 & 22 of The Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act-2005 and when he will appear before the court refer the matter to the mediation for concealing or settlement and try to settle the matter amicably and save this marriage, this case can be withdrawn at any time, whenever you want.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query