LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujata Mishra   17 January 2019

Husband made a will for girlfriend

My husband left me 1 year ago and was living in another city before his death. My husband didn’t leave a single penny for me and his daughter after his death. Instead He made a will and gave 75% of his lifetime earnings to his girlfriend and 25% to his blood relatives (brother & sister). How can I file a legal case against Will and get my money back from his girlfriend?

As far as I know, WILL written by a person is final if written in good mental health. He made a WILL and registered it in good health so I can’t prove that his mental condition was not good at that time. Is there a way to cancel or reverse the WILL? or there is no way now to get it back from his girlfriend. What can I do in this situation?

Please reply.

Thanks in advance.




 5 Replies

vinay_2431 (engineer)     18 January 2019

Wow .. Well said Prasanna Sir.

 Hats off ...

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 January 2019

There is no legal action you can take.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     18 January 2019

1. It is his money and property with which he can deal in any way he feels like.


2. The instant will if registered as per law  is valid and to be honoured.

Aarnav   01 February 2019


You want money?

Please work for your own living, and stop dreaming about getting any money that you have NOT EARNED yourself !!!

As they say: Easy money .....goes easy !!!

You still want easy money? Then instead of challenging your husbands will, sit outside temples, and you can beg for easy money !!!

BOTTOM LIVE: God has not made you handi-cap right? Then why you want money that you have not earned?

Advocate Arzoo Raj (Advocate)     08 February 2019

If there is any ancestral property involved, then bequathing the same via Will is not an option for your late husband. However, if the Will only talks about his lifetime earnings and personal money then the same cannot be questioned. Also, if the Will is not registered then you can try questioning the authenticity of the Will in the Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register