LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep (mgr)     20 May 2012

Husband cheated and giving mental torture

My sister got married 5 years back and has a 2.5 year Kid. My sister is a housewife.

My sister came to know 1 year back that his husband is cheating her and flurting with another girl, there is change in the behavious of the husband and  although he is trying to show that he takes care but always torchure mentally and trying her to keep her parents place.

She is helpless and very depressed. Even if she live with husband, it is a mental torture always, even after telling the husband many times he is still cheating and always trying sister to leave his place and live either with  in-laws or her parents.

Sir we need your valuable advice this will save the life of 2 innocent people.

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     20 May 2012

At first counselling is suggested, if there is no solution. There are lots of laws in favour of your friend-

498 A IPC, 125 Cr.P.C, Protection of women from domestic violence act, etc

life is beautiful (homemaker)     22 May 2012

My husband has left me for other women...i knew about it and stayed in marriage suffering for 6 years...my daughter is 5 years old..from my personal experiance i can say that hoping that husband will leave the other women and mend his ways is of no use.Its best to get mutual consent divorce with one time settlement.Provide emotinal support to your sister.After sometime she will adjust to her new life...no use letting her suffer in husbands house hoping"sab theek ho jayega."..i suffered for 6 years and he left eventually...if i had left myself 6 years back i could have done something to improove my career at least.

(Guest)

I agree with "life is beautiful". It is better to go for mutual consent divorce with one time settlement. If you go for 125/498a/divorce and husband decides to fight, it can be difficult to get divorce soon. Litigations may go on for years.

Better to go for Mutual divorce and hope to make a fresh start.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register