Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shubham bhageria (Proprietor)     18 February 2012

Huf, partition and will

Hi

The following are the details of a property in delhi.

property (100%) was purchased by my great grandfather and shares were registered as per following:

1/4 great grandfather, 1/4 great grandfather wife, 1/4 1st son, 1/4 2nd son.

on death of my great grandfather, he gave his 1/4 share by will to his 1st son.

on death oh my great grandfather's wife, she gave her 1/4 share by will to her 1st son.

2nd son gave his 1/4 share to his brother (1st son) by relinguishment deed.

finally, 1st son (my grandfather became the owner of the property having all the shares.)

Recently, my grandfather died and made a will which is as following:

1/4 share to his wife

1/4 share to his 1st son (eldest son)

1/4 share to his 2nd deceased son's wife 

1/4 share to his 3rd son (my father)

he did not gave any share to his daughter.

now, my father wants to sell his share, but shareholders are not ready to sell and do physical partition.

now what can my father do and he wants to file a partition and get physical partition done.

can i know how much time would it take and the steps on how to do and how much time it would take.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

There was an amendment to Hindu Succession Act during the 1990's to make daughters equal share holders in inherited property. Either you should negotiate with them to forfeit their share in writing or provide some benefit else where or you may have to give them their share.

Hindu succession act is very badly amended to make men suffer, it is the men who take care of their parents in old age , but still the property is given to daughters. This is again a double standards created by feminists of India and women organizations. All laws in India are pro women.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register