LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     26 December 2008

How to stop sms facility (Short messaging service) on cell phone

I want to stop sms facility (Short messaging service) on my cell phone. The Vodafone
authority denies on the ground, that it is built in facility and cannot be done .But i think it is a noise pollution disturbing sleep which is basic right of a citizen, which are biological necessity and essential for health. Silence is considered to be one of the human right.

Now what should i Do to stop this SMS facility, For stopping this facility i am ready to pay monthly charges.

Learning

8 Replies

Selvam Perumal (Advocate)     26 December 2008

Dear Mr.Bharat,

I fully agree with you that the unnecessary SMS to your Mobile Phone is a great headache since it prevents your peaceful life as like as pesky calls through Telemarketing firms. And now-a-days almost everybody facing such similar problems who using Mobile Phones.

So for avoidance this headache you may go through the following links which may give you some idea.

The links are detailed below:

Disconnect unregistered telemarketing companies: SC

Pesky calls: SC asks Centre to change law on penalties

Official Website of National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC)

Shree. ( Advocate.)     27 December 2008

Book yourself for DO NOT DISTURB by calling customer care or else go through the message settings and change the message centre number and then it makes you solution to the problems.

Ravi Arora (Advocate)     28 December 2008

mr Shree is right ,

and if your prob. is not solved than give a notice then file a suit

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 December 2009

SHORT-CUT  FREE METHOD

Instead of DAILY going thru the ordeal and frustration or getting irritated of the incoming SMS tone, OR  filing a suit or registering for "do not distrub" etc...
you may prefer to do the following free method :

IMPORTANT

1.  Set the mobile instrument on  "MUTE"  or  "SILENT"  or  "NO TONE",  only in the setting option for only SMS setting.

2.  Normally all mobiles have a limitation to the number of incoming messages that can be stored in the SMS inbox of the mobile instrument.  Say it may be 100 incoming SMS. 
AFTER the incoming SMS in-box is full, the mobile cannot accept anymore incoming SMS beyond the above limit.  unless the OLD SMS'S ARE DELETED.

3.  NOW do not delete the old SMS and allow the SMS inbox to get full.

THIS IN AFFECT HAS THE EFFECT OF BLOCKING THE NEW INCOMING MESSAGES, SINCE THE  "SMS" INBOX IS FULL AND NOT CANNOT ACCEPT ANY MORE INCOMING MESSAGES.
(however this is subject to that you do not want to receive any SMS's whatsoever and whensoever, which is what you want since you want to totally "STOP SMS  FACILITY")  

AND when you want to start receiving SMS again,  just simply  delete all the old SMS and new SMS will start coming in.

HOPE you like my suggestion.... let's all know.

AND also inform the vodafone mobile company too.

CONSIDER THIS QUOTE :
"It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious"

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     11 December 2009

Hi Hemanth

Ur solution is best for curtailing 'unwanted' SMS.  But what about such SMS you look forward from your near and dear, office and few important alerts?  You advice to set home on fire just because few rats are in?  Lets start propogating and using 'do not disturb' registry facility as suggested by other friends and sue the unwelcome disturbing intruder suitably in fit cases.  Few such cases shall teach manners to intruders. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     11 December 2009

Dear Advocate Venkat Rao'ji

As a Lawyer, it is one's duty to analyse the Clients needs and his wishes, apart from the mandatory modalities of law BUT manage it by manipulation within the parameters of law.  My answer to Mr. Tipsy, was VERY VERY SPECIFIC to what he wanted and he wanted to  STOP SMS facility and that's want he gets from my suggestion.   Please re-read my earlier post, once again.

Here is what "Tipsy", posted originally, in the very first line.
- quote -
I want to stop sms facility (Short messaging service) on my cell phone.
- unquote -

What I have suggested was to  "STOP  SMS" from distrubing  Mr. Tipsy.
There are other methods too which I have described in my earlier post.

BTW,  IF a  "insect" falls in my cup of tea,  I would ALWAYS prefer to throw out the entire tea alongwith the insect.  Some other people ALWAYS prefer to remove the insect and drink the tea.   Hope you understand.

MY PERCEPTION :
ETHICS & MORAL's  apart,  ALL PROFESSIONALS SHOULD ENSURE that the solution to a problem should be in line with the Clients expectations and his capacity & capability to endure the Stress & Strain of filing petitions, complaints etc... and draining his energy, money and time.  

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     11 December 2009

Welldone, Hemanth ur in our line of profession? ie., legal? Tea and insect a very appealing counter. nice i enjoyed ur comeback.

As a professional i cannot stop at just prescribing a pain killer to the patient who comes with a complaint of stomach ache - I always probe and try to remove the root cause. :)

Tipsy (importer)     11 December 2009

Thanks to every one who posted reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register