LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soham Sarada   03 March 2024

How to say legally to father-in-law that we don't want any property from you

How can a daughter tell her father that she will not be interested in any of his self earned or inherited property. And how that can be executed??


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2024

There's no provision in law to implement your idea by any prescribed procedure.

You can refuse to accept them if your father makes any transfer during his lifetime or you can execute a registered release deed relinquishing your rights in the property after his lifetime. 

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 March 2024

A daughter inherts her share in ancestral property which can be relinquished by a registered deed.

However, father can dispose of his self-acquired property and she (daughter) is not a party to dispose self-acquired property of her father.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   04 March 2024

When the day comes tell on that day why simply worry today.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register