LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


How to register marriage without parents knowledge?

Hi, My name is Suresh, 28 Years age and the girl with whom I want to marry is 22 Years of age.  I and the girl are in relation for more than 4 years.  I work as a  Electronics Engineer and the girl works as Soft Engg in a reputated company. I live in Bangalore and she lives in Hyderabad. We want to marr this year.

We both have similiar tastes. We both don't want our parents to know about our marriage as they have already rejected our proposal made to our parents earlier. If they come to know about marriage plans they will definitely trouble us to the core. Primary reason for rejection is because of higher and lower caste.

Pleae let us know:

  • What are the document required to get married to legalize our maariage?
  • Will a letter go to our parents that I and the Girl are getting married if we go through regisrtation process? If yes, then how to avoid that?


Kindly reply. Awaiting answers


 12 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     15 January 2012

It would not be wise; not to have parents' consent. Try convincing them.


Hi sir,

We don't like our parents. If you ask me why we hate our parents, that means you are asking us our life story. I think it is not neccasary to answer my question. 

When you register your marriage through Indian court, a letter is sent to the parents. How to avoid that? Is there a way to marry peaceful without anybody's objection? And our parents won't agree. That is for sure.

After we marry we don't care whoever comes to know about our marriage. Because now that we are legally married, so nobody can do anything about that. Please tell us any  possible solution.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 January 2012

where you will live after marriage.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     15 January 2012


We don't like our parents.




I think it is not neccasary to answer my question. 


I dont think u need any guidance. U r wise enough.


When you register your marriage through Indian court, a letter is sent to the parents. How to avoid that? 


Since court sends the letter, go & ask the court / govt.

Why r u here ?



Please tell us any  possible solution.


I deny to tell u anything.



Hi Amit, I don't mean to object you. I was in a hurry to type. May be I typed rude.

It is that we cannot make our parents know about this. We are grown up now and  We have our career. We would just want everything go smoothly. Obviosuly parents will come to know and we will let them in our world.  

It is my request if you can provide a legal solution. Take care.






We are grown up. We have a career. We will live in a seperate house. What is your opinion? 

dipender kumar (advocate)     15 January 2012

Under Special Marriage Act

you can marry either in hyderabad or bangalore.

one of you have to show the proof of residence for registering the marriage.

both of you have to show matriculation certificates to prove the age of both.

both of you have give affidavits in prescribed proforma saying certain facts.

you have to produce two witnesses at the time of registration of marriage.

you have to submit passport size photographs.

you engage an advocate and he will take you through all the procedures.

sending notice to families, can be avoided by taking some appropirate steps to be suggested by your advocate.  Besides, the hon'ble Delhi High Court (delivered by justice Ravinder Bhatt in 2010 - your advocate can search the case) in one of the cases diredted the marriage reigstrar not to send the notice to the family.

After waiting one month, the marriage will be registered and you will get certificate.

If one of you are a Hindu and another one is not Hindu and has no objection to be convered to Hindu, you can go for Arya Samaj Marriage and get certificate from there.  There no intimation will be given to parents.  Other documents required are as I said above.  After registration obtained from Arya Samaj Mandir, you can again get it registered under Section 8 of Hindu Marriage Act on the next day itself. 

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     15 January 2012

nicely adviced by dipender kumar ji.

Good Luck author.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 January 2012

Dear Querist

when you do not like your parents , why are you afraid you are major you have full rights according to law of India to live with your style, marry with your own wish. in legal system there is no provision of short cut. in this regards you should meet personly.

feel free to call

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     17 January 2012

his account is deleted.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 January 2012

Author ran away !!

close this thread.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     17 January 2012


1 Like