LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav singh   08 April 2024

How to register a sale deed after 40 years if original seller cannot be found

My grandfather had bought two properties in Mumbai in 1982 from 2 different partner ship firms. The sale deed was never registered. If I am too register it now, how can I do without the original seller. The two firms are impossible to locate , I don't know if they were even registered in the first place as nothing comes up on the mca website on their name. If I was to register how should I go about it ?


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2024

Waht is the basis of possession of the said properties by your grandfather?

Is he having any document for acquiring the said properties ?

How can you register your grandfather's property now?

Is your grandfather living/

If yes, then on the basis of the documentary evidences in his possession he can file a suit for declaration to declare his title by operating law of adverse possession

Raghav singh   09 April 2024

He has a purchase agreement but if a suit has to be filed will he have to implead the state as the partnerships can't be found ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2024

If there is a sale agreement and it is written that the entire sale consideration amount was settled, then you can issue a legal notice to the seller (firm), get the legal notice returned undelivered after which you can approach court with a suit for specific relief on the basis of the sale agreement and the possession to execute the registered sale deed.

The court will come to your rescue as per procedures of law if the court is convinced about your ownerswhip. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register