IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RB (Engineer)     24 June 2013

How to recover money

Dear Members, 

I just want to get some advice for the mess which I created myself by trusting some person. I wanted to buy some electronic product and one office mate introduced me to a person who was having some discount vaucher to make the product cheaper. My colleague also delt with same person earlier and he got his service without any issue. Now while ordering my product I handed over that person a "SELF" cheque and expected that he will give me the product by that evening which he promissed. After some days I asked him to return my money back because he failed to deliver. Now he is not willing to give me money back. What can I do now??

As a witness my colleague is there in front of him I handed over the cheque. And bank is also saying that they keep identity of person to whom they give cash. May be he used a forged ID ..... What can I do to recover that.

He has played a 420 game with me .... I am in search of legal option. 

Will be waiting for some expert reply ... any other detail needed will be provided.

Kind Regards



 1 Replies

Sreenivasa Rao. S. (Business)     25 June 2013

When he has signed the cheque and encashed in the bank by giving his identity proof, obtain a copy of the same from the banker and you can file a case in the forum for recovery of the amount paid to him with intrest.Your friend may not help you in this regard, may be he is also involved in the issue. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query