LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to prevent the effect of 498a on family.

Page no : 3

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     15 January 2010


If you send the cheque, it is advisable to send through the Registered AD and see to it that the cheque does not bounce. This will invite another criminal case against you u/s 138 of NI Act. It would be wise to send the money by money order, although it can cost something more for you, you are pretty safe.

Dont let the ohter party know about the recordings. Let them be the surprise in the court at the time of your defence. Even in 498a, do not show to police.

1 Like

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     19 January 2010

Dear Mehta Sir,

Actually I am not sending cheque. We have a joint account. She has ATM card and cheque book also undersigned by me. Normally in every month I use to drop another bank's cheque (salary a/c with other bank) into that a/c and kept the xerox copy of the same..

Is it fruitfull? Also I am keeping the counter part of deposite slip.

As on date neither I telephoned her nor went her house. really feeling so guilty because of my 04 months dayghter...

Please advise me accordingly for my best next step...

Jehpatel (Manager)     30 June 2010

Good one but, don't you  think as wife she also need to think about the situation  and get back to her husband settle the  matter , think Kamal was right RCR will be a Alert for her from the court to join her  husband , what the granantee that today she come back home due some councilling but  2morow  she may repeat the same 


that what happening every day in most of the cases 

so it better file RCR , it will support the HUsband in feature

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register