Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (NA)     27 October 2014

How to file a suit on own

Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs in the following matter of one of my friend.

My Friends grand father is deceased and his father is a illiterate. They have a small piece of land in Mahbubnagar region. Though the possession is with them only, they are unable to obtain latest pattadar pass book. They found out that their agricultural land has actually been grabbed on paper (though possession is with my friend only). Repeated complaints to the concerned appellate authority like Tehsildar, RDO and Dist Collector did not elicit any meaningful response or solution.

My friend is from a poor background and cannot afford high legal costs.

He requested me how to file a suit against the authority in Civil Court or High Court on one's own without the help of Advocate.

As, I've brought you up to speed on the matter, I would appreciate point-wise reply on the following.

1) Firstly, should the Land grabbing case be filed in Civil Court or High Court?

2) Is there any prescribed application form for filing a suit ?. If yes, would appreciate if the same is uploaded here or a link is given

3) Are there any associated fees in filing a suit on one's own? If Yes, nature and quantum of fees?

4) Is there any legal aid for people from poor background?

5) What in your opinion is the fastest mode of resolution (for cases pertaining to land grabbing and wrong transfer of land)?

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.

Please don't hesitate in sharing Knowledge and be help the one's who deserve help.

Regards,

Vivek

Learning

1 Replies

ranjan kumar (Advocate)     27 October 2014

-before taking any legal recourse , advise your friend to file RTI application and seek action taken report on his application before Tehsildar and collector.

-if no recourse is visible then the suit shall be filed in civil court.

- District legal service authority will provide him free legal assistance in the form of free lawyer and court fee. tell him to consult the officials there with his income certificate. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register