LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya (consultant)     19 March 2015

How to collect evidences to get divorce on ground of cruelty

Hi All,

I am looking for a divorce in Bangalore, India. Reason is continuous harrasment by husband & excessavie demand of money.

My query are

1. Good divorce lawyer in Bangalore who can assist in online divorce as physical presence would be very difficult for me

2. How to collect evidences for physical violence & mental tourcher

3. He & his family demands money continuously & mostly he withdra from my account then deposite to his account & then tansfer to his family. How to prove those transfer were done from my money.


There are many more details which I prefer to discuss in private if get one reliable lawyer






 4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 March 2015

Mam, Most of the cases on the grounds of cruelty are dismissed because the allegations are not specific and vague.. Make sure you have the specific allegations and some concrete evidence to prove them ... His conduct and behaviour with you can be of help if you file divorce and there are people who can come and testify his conduct and behaviour before the court of law. Neighbours evidence could be helpful to you .... Have you not filed 498A or dowry act case against them ? See try to record the things if you can, that will help you in future ... Audio and video both ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

fighting back (exec)     19 March 2015

filing of DV and 498 is a big waste of time, as it will run for years, as you are only seeking plain vanilla divorce, have a talk with your husband regarding a mutual consent divorce, as it is the most easiest way to wriggle out of the mess

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     20 March 2015

Please contact my friend Mr S. Anil Kumar at B'lore on phone Number 08867907494 to get solved your problem of matrimonial dispute. He is an expert in the line and very reasonable.

Please don't forget to mention my name to get treated well.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges, you can contact me on below mentioned address and Phone number, Please call after Court hrs to get a suitable appointment date and timing.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on this very site for my appraisal.


for Anand Bali & Associates

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India,
High Courts of Delhi, Chandigarh, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service, Divorce & Family Dispute matters.


204-B, Nanda Devi Apartments

Plot-19, Sec-10;


New Delhi -75

Ph:  09582144748

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     22 March 2015

Physical violence? Have a hidden camera record it and then go to the Police. 

Mental torture: Very difficult to prove unless it is backed by overwhelming evidence. Sleepless nights, doctor prescripttion all with a force which cannot be countered by evidence of regular living in life. 

Money transfer: Weight of evidence depends on the mode of withdrawal, of course (Cheque, ATM,???).  Everywhere there is a trail left. If not, temporal proximity which is circumstantial evidence but evidence nonetheless: If he withdraws from your account and then deposits it in his account within a day and you can establish a pattern, that could be convincing evidence.  

Agree with @fighting back. No point in filing DV, 498, etc. File for divorce based upon cruelty and be done if truly there is no room for getting back.   You can write reasonably well, so file the petition for divorce yourself. Will be a LOT more efficient and less frustrating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register