Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to change name in marriage certificate

Hello, I'm Kannan from Hyderabad. My name in Marriage cert is Ranjith and all other documents like pancard, aadhar card, driving license, voter id, bank aacounts and passport is in name of Kannan. I do business in some other country and like to migrate with family to canada . Now the problem is to take my wife with me I have to submit marriage cert for visa purpose but marriage cert is in name of Ranjith. We have 3months baby and birth cert for baby too. In baby birth cert father name is mentioned as kannan . So whether I have to change name in marriage cert for visa purpose or any other procedure is there like affidavit. Kindly say me some suggestion. Thanks in Advance. Kannan

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Approach the registrar of marriages with your request and an affidavit on stamp paper. If it doesn't work, take the help of a lawyer who can get a court order to have the registrar issue a new certificate for Kannan. Based on experience, seems it is doable. Good luck. By the way, if you can explain the reasons behind difference in name in marriage certificate to the consulate (with proofs) they normally consider it too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register