Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vandana (Doctor)     20 May 2012

How to ask

R/Sir

We have 3 Childrens I am a Doctor Lady having my Two Brothers. My father is also a Doctor. Recently in 2003-04 My father made a deed. At that time i have singned on a letter for not having any share in their Property with my full willness. They made a deed having my two brothers share. (i.e their whole propert get divided into only 2 childrens instead of 3 ) .

At that time my mother was alive. But due to  Cancer she get died in the year 2006. So i just want to ask you that is there any possible condition to ask for my share in my fathers Property. Shall i ask for my share. Is it possible to Ask my share in their rights accoring to any Indian Act.? 

Please give me the details regarding that.?

Please give me these details as early as possible..

Thanks  a lot.!!

Regards

Vandana

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     20 May 2012

Dear Vandana, 

If the property was ancestral in nature, in which you had a birth right - then only by way of a registered relinquishment deed - can you be deprived of your lawful share. If the document is a plain NOC or an affidavit (not registered without payment of necessary stamp duty etc) then you can still claim your share to be culled out by way of a partition in a civil suit.

The nature of property is also of profound importance. If the property was seperate property of father you have no subsisting interest during father's life hence there was nothing to give up, your right in his lifetime is only a spec successionis (a mere chance to succeed to his property). Hence after his demise the same won't be binding on you.

This opinion is at best provisisonal the terms of document executed by you are important to consider here.

Feel free to talk !

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     21 May 2012

Please provide details whether the relinquishment signed by you was registered and you had gone for registration (yourself or through your Power of Attorney). If yes, then you may have given away your right.

Secondly, was the propert ancestral or was it purchased by your father with his own resources? If it was ancestral, then you had a right by birth which you could have given away by a registered document or it could still be yours if the document was not registered as stated above.

If the property was purchased by your father, then you have no right in the property until he is alive and he can gift or will the property to anyone he wishes when he is alive. Your right to the property is just a chance that you may succeed to his property and you cannot give up your "chance"

S Jadhav

VIVEKINDIANLAW (MADRAS HIGH COURT)     07 June 2012

u said ur father made a deed... deed for what?? he own any property? he convey that through that deed??

if the property is a self acquired property he can convey to any one even for ur brothers alone for which ur signature is not necessary. i want to know what deed it is and what he conveyed to give a clear opinion.. 

mere signing in a paper is not enough. unless and until u sign a release deed and register the same in register office u have all rights in the property

state me what deed it is ..

For more information and detailed discussion mail me to VIVEKINDIANLAW@YAHOO.COM because i am not a regular visitor of this website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register