How much time does a case in cat take??

Sir i am sudesh pachauri working in a central govt department since 2013. I filed an O.A. In cat jabalpur in September 2019 regarding expunging the adverse remarks from my apar and granting me promotion retrospectively by upgrading my apar. I have been deprived of promotion in last 3 DPCs while being considered for the same in each of them. 

When i call my advocate for the status he hardly replies and not meet when i go to his office he doesn't allow to meet and his assistant tells check the status on website. I am getting very depressed and frustrated as one and half years have been passed and i am not getting anything out of it...even my colleagues and junior start making fun of me in the office..my family life also started getting disturbed because of all these... Kindly suggest me what can i do so that the said trial in the CAT could be done faster. Thanks

Lawyer

@ 9329567675,

If you are not satisfied with the performance of your lawyer change him/ her immediately.

You will appreciate there is stalemate in functioning of judicial system all over the world and India including CAT due to pandemic COVID-19. Accordingly there is minimum proceedings in your case as well. You will have to wait till normalcy after COVID-19.

No comments can be passed on the basis of limited facts posted by you, hence it is necessary to peruse case file.

Advocate

I do Absolutely agrees Dr Vash*ta's answer 

Total likes : 1 times

Advocate

What is the present status of the matter? Has the respondents filed the written statement and completed pleadings? 

Advocate

You have the liberty to change your present Advocate if he is continue to maintain communication gap.

Thanks all the respected sirs for your precious time....sir as per conversation with my lawyer's assistant notice from registrar has been sent in January 2020. But the respondents reply is awaited. Thanks

Lawyer

Thank you Mr. Sankar Narayanan for agreeing with me.

Advocate

CAT(Procedure) Rules require that the respondent should file their reply within one month of the service of the Notice. As the delay is inordinate, you may instruct your advocate to file an IA to decide the OA on merits without any longer waiting for the reply to be filed. It would be advantageous if directions are got issued for production of the concerned file.

"sir as per conversation with my lawyer's assistant notice from registrar has been sent in January 2020". This information does not appear to be correct. It is the prevailing practice that, before filing, advance copy of applications/petitions are served on the Government Counsel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x