LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freedom123 (IT)     03 June 2024

How and when to file nc or non-actionable information to ps or human rights authorities against wife


There are no cases or complaints against me or wife yet. However there are quite a lot of marital disputes between me and wife and I am anticipating false cases from her in future. We are still living together. She often says she will leave and puts unreasonable conditions to live together at her matrimonial home. She has not threatened any false allegations or self-harm yet. I want to be prepared beforehand and record any potential evidence that can be helpful for me in future.


1: What exactly should I have on audio/video recording that can be submitted as NC or non-actionable information to PS or human rights authorities? Only threats? Can her unreasonable conditions she puts in a normal conversation be also reported?


2: What exactly are such conveying of "non-actionable information" called? NC or information petition/report? I want to know the exact thing that I am supposed to file/report to PS at this stage?


3: Whom to report such non-actionable informations?


4: Does it help in future and how?




 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 June 2024

You can take help line under domestic violence in your state

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2024

1.  The officer in-charge would reduce the complaint in writing (about commission of Non cognizable offence ) and give a copy thereof to the complainant free of cost.

No police officer can investigate a non-cognizable case unless he obtains prior permission of a Magistrate having power to try such case.

2. A defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. This means the burden of proof lies with the party alleging harm or wrongdoing, typically the prosecution in criminal cases. Requirement of Evidence: For a person to be found guilty, there must be evidence to support the charges.

3. You can consult any local lawyer and proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register