LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratik Nirish Mehta   16 December 2016

House transfer to sons by mother

Upon demise of the head family member, mother becomes legal heir of the property (House). Can mother in her presence transfer the house to her sons and not including names of the daughter who are married? if, yes....how? and what procedure to be followed

Learning

12 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Confirm!

If a Hindu male deceased without leaving a valid WILL then his estate devolves equally, upon:

ClassI legal heirs ie.;....Mother, wife,sons,daughters.................

Thus his wife can not be sole owner until or unless other ClassI legal heirs relinquish/sell/gift/release etc  their share in favor of wife by a valid deed.................

Wife can dispose her share in favor of anyone by a valid deed.

Married daughters are also ClassI legal heir.

Post full facts of the matter.

Yes sir.. I am Hindu

So you may look into the above posts.

Wife ( Mother of daughters) can dispose her share only in anyone's favor.

Wife ( Mother of daughters)  can not dispose anyone else's share.

My mother wanted to ensure that the House property be on the name of three sons and not to the daughter who are married. Upon demise of my father we need to submit the "Varsa namu" to the treasury for the pension department along with other papers, in which we need to mention the name of all the legal heirs. Though my mother was insisting to include name of only three sons, I have asked her to include the name of both the sisters also. I believe if sisters can make deed and let go their share, if they agree.

How to relinquish/sell/gift/release one's share from the property? I mean what short of procedure needs to be followed? What papers work is require and where to submit those papers?

What is "Varsa namu"?

Pls don't use local terms.

Why your mother does not want daughters to have their legitimate share!

It is not the wish of mother but legal requirement ot include the names of all legal heirs in Legal hiers affidavit/certificate ..............

Anyone can excercise his/her right to relinquish/release/gift /sell his/her share....................by his/her sweet will.

If it is by coercion, it can be agitated upon.

Thanks sir... It is very helpful... Though I have insisted upon inclusion of names of all heirs as legal heirs....

Since I am not aware what is Varsa Namu that is a local term, your own local counsel can advise you the best.

YOu may consult and avoid any illegality.

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register