Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Home Making Vs. ABLE BODIED argument

Able Bodied as home makers; an Argument

I had seen this video sometime in Oct. - Nov. 2006 before the relaity of "opportunity lost" which are based on "productive work force / capitalist" concept straight from the great AMERICA is being argued upon by evolving Indian feminists brigade and try to make "opportunity lost" binding in Indian context. And this video was one of those source that inspired me to go on in life.

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mo1JXmi7U&feature=player_embedded

I have always wondered what would the feminists propaganda doing women in India (who blindly imitate American "production workforce model" thoughts to force upon Indian Judiciary to grant pendentlite and or alimony as per an able bodied wife's wish) say after seeing this video??? Now time has come that this video should be shown to the ld. Judges of Indian Courts who handle their alimony matters. Who grant Alimony to the "Able Bodied Wife" without a second thought that she is capable of working in this era of equality.

This lady in the above video link with no hands runs her own business apart from running a happy family. Question arise in Indian context why do Hon'ble Judiciary handicap the otherwise Indian Independent Wife, independent of her duties at her matrimonial home.

Infact Indian ld. judges are of the backward mentality who by granting alimony suggest that wife cannot and should not work.
Why haven't feminists thought of teaching them a lesson?. Are these ld. judges should be blamed for granting an easy money to the "ABLE BODIED WIFE" with intact hands in this era of equality?

I however salute this lady. She is able bodied from her mind. She is my source of inspiration when I am down. As she calmly leads by example by saying "Where there is a will there is a way."

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

This 101 yr-old woman is an NREGS worker

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/This-101-yr-old-woman-is-an-NREGS-worker/articleshow/5826956.cms
MADURAI: Karupayee is one of the first at the panchayat union office, hoping there's work for her under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Generation Scheme (MNREGS). Her story is similar to millions of other Indians who have benefited from the government programme providing for 100 days of guaranteed employment. But Karupayee is 101 years old.
Karupayee of Thanakankulam village in Thiruparankundram panchayat union in Madurai district is probably the oldest NREGS employee. She doesn't have records to prove her age, but when she enrolled herself in the scheme last year, she told the officers that she was 110 years old. They re-calculated it based on the age of her eldest son Sandhanam, who is 82, and put her age down as 100 on her NREGS card.
Villagers call her 'suru surupu paati' (brisk granny) as even at a ripe old age she hasn't stopped working. Karupayee has worked for 60 days so far, between April 2009 and March 2010, and says it has helped her live with dignity. "My husband always said we should be independent, and that is what I am doing by earning and cooking my own food," she says.
She married Chockanvirumandi, a mill worker, over 80 years ago. He died 50 years ago, after contracting rabies when a street dog bit him. She kept her family afloat by taking up various jobs.
Only three of her seven children are alive today, but she has 15 grandchildren and a handful of great-grandchildren. She also avails of the monthly widow pension of Rs 400 given by the state government.

(Guest)

But who cares? Pounds of flesh is a must,reward for house breaking.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register