Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAVI KUMAR (PROPRIETOR)     23 August 2011

Hindu succession act 1956

Dear Learned Advocates,

I am a Builder, intend to buy a property at Bangalore.  The history of the property is as follows:

The original buyer (Mr.X), has bought a site by his own funds and registered to himself.

He had 4 sons.  He died intestate, and his wife died before him.  Also one of his sons died.  Now as I understand the Hindu succession act, the rightful legal heirs are

a) The 3 sons (alive)

b) The widow of one son who expired, and also her 3 daughters (alive).

The others, i.e children of 3 sons, and any others do not have any claim on the property.

Am I correct? 

Pls inform me if I am wrong.  In case, the others have any right on the property, I want them to be the party to the sale deed.  But the owners insist, that none other have any claim and they need not be the parties to the sale.

Pls help

regards

RAVIKUMAR

rtravikumar@gmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

Shastri J.K. (Practice in The High Court of Chhattisgarh)     23 August 2011

The widow and  3 daughters of  son who expired, are also  legal heirs .

suresh (Advocate)     23 August 2011

Dear Ravikumar,

Based on your  information, according to me the widow and her children’s have equal right, title and interest over the property.

Regards

Suresh.N.V.

Advocate

kumar t v s (advocate)     23 August 2011

Mr.Ravikumar, Three sons will have 1/4th share each and the other 1/4th share will belong to the widow of one son and their children put together, provided the information given by you is correct. The children of the remaining surviving sons are not required to be parties. CAUTION only under circumstances mentioned by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register