LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     23 January 2020

Hhouse with common passage

I am planning to buy a house in a village (Panchayat), and got a deal from a real estate guy. The middle man says the house has a common passage and common passage is shared by other houses around it. But when I look at the sale deed, I do not find any information about the common passage such as boundary, survey number, diagram and details like usage of common passage etc.  But I do see the word “common passage” when they refer the boundary of the house, nothing else.

My question are

1. Should be the common passage’s survey number, boundaries, height and widdth, diagram of common passage mentioned in sale deed?
  2. Generally when buying a house with share common passage, how it should be mentioned in the sale deed?

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 January 2020

When  there is shared common passage it should be mentioned in the deed  and site plan also shaould specefy the same clearly. be careful while you invent in buying any such property. Also make a physicaal inspection of the place and ask other co-sharer about the common passage..

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 January 2020

* Invest  instead of invent

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2020

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with documents for better appreciation of facts and professional guidance .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register