LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     22 April 2016

Her Parents take the Credit but her Husband takes the Disgrace

As usual, in addition to discussions pertaining to the IPC, CrPC and CPC, I share with you all, a live incident as it unfolded in one of the courts here at Bangalore.

The old man, a senior citizen was standing outside the court hall along with his son, wife and daughter.

It was a divorce case and she had accused the entire family ( she could mean she or her advocate’s instigation / mis-guidance or her friends and family or everybody ) of torturing her …etc etc etc among a list of all accusations.

The moment the old man saw the father and brother of his daughter-in-law along with her, he  thundered.

He spoke in Telugu and literally started fuming. His boiling blood and anger were clearly visible in his voice. He was addressing his son who was too stunned to react. He accompanied his father to one of the benches there. The old man’s body was too weak to bear his own anger.

“ I have retired from TATA steels as a respectable man and from the day I joined service in the 1970s till my retirement, I have not had a single black mark. I spent my retirement funds for your wedding. To see this day !!! In Court !!!

Where did your wife come from ? where did this woman come ? Look at your brother-in-law and father-in-law. Where did these fellows come from ? Over-night, I, my wife and my daughter have been pulled to the street. Is there no justice in this country ?

Tomorrow if my daughter comes from her husband’s house, listing some or the other complaint, I will kick her back to her husband and say “ whatever happens, you handle it there itself. Do not involve us, unless matter is really serious “.

If the girl does something good, the credit goes to her parents.

But if she does something horrible, the disgrace goes to her husband !!

What society is this ? Why did this woman enter our fate ?

I left the place shortly, but those lines flasshed by my mind for quite some time.

Very Meaningful lines.

If the girl does something good, the credit goes to her parents.

But if she does something horrible, the disgrace goes to her husband !!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register