LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gagan (student )     20 April 2013

Help required (love marriage)

Hi I'm a Sikh boy(Age 24)  belongs to Rajasthan love's a Hindu girls (Age 24) belongs to Madhy Pradesh  her parents are very orthodox and not allowing her to get married to me. We both want to get married but have a fear of FIR against me  as this can spoil my carrier, Please let me know the best suitable way to get married, as in no FIR can be lodged against us and any how her parent should not get the custody of her. From the last two years i live in Punjab so which state would be best to register our marriage?

Learning

6 Replies

Gagan (student )     20 April 2013

At the end of may my MBA is over and having a offer letter in my hand.

My parents are agreed for this marriage. But they wanted me to join compny  first 

She tried but unable to convince them.

And at any cost i dont want her custody  given to her parents because of lot of pressure, and emotional things they can change her mind. 

Reformist !!! (Other)     22 April 2013

Gagan, it has been observed no of times that girl changes their mind after marriage under parents pressure and file numerous cases from abduction to s*xual assault to 498a and rape and anything......

The best is if u both want to marry , then marry and file a petition in HC for ur life and liberty. This way u will be safe and girl will not be able to changer her mind easily as she have to give statement in court that she married u without any pressure n u both r adults.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     10 July 2013

Why in such hurry for marriage. Wait till you are in a job and settle down. Once you are financially settled, may be her parents agree to the marriage.

Why in such hurry for marriage. Wait till you are in a job and settle down. Once you are financially settled, may be her parents agree to the marriage.

Gagan (student )     10 July 2013

I'm working as Market research analyst  and we are in hurry becoz her parents are forcing her for arrange marriage. What should i do? i tried a lot to convence them but that was useless, i'm in a serious trouble now.

Kindly take services of a local lawyer and do as suggested by  498AWEDDING GIFT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register