LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xyz (Student)     26 February 2012

Help on section32a of registration act 1908


If I buy a property in Andhra Pradesh and if I am not present during registration(since I am out of the country). Do I need to give a special power of attorney to my representative or just filling out the form of Photographs and Fingerprints as per Section32A of Registration Act 1908 is sufficient?


Thank you.


 2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 February 2012

Yes, POA is necessary. Section 32 (a) to (c) is very clear on that score read with section 85 of the Indian Evidence Act.

m.arunprakaash (advocate)     08 March 2012

You can exectue your Special Power of Attorney before the VICE COUNCIL of India in that country or before Notary public, magistrate of that country.

Then that power of attorney should be adjudicated before the Collector/ Competent authority of your district who has power of such adjudication by paying requisite stamp duty. Then only it becomes valid document, Based on such power of attorney your attornee can execute and register the document in your name,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register