LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

skmca (MCA)     08 February 2010

Help me please!!!!

I got married through Arya Samaj 1month back where we go through the 'saat fere' before the sacred fire, Arya Samaj certificate was issued. Since this marriage was without the consent of my parents. i know that the boy has already engaged with other girl.last sunday engaged girl parents called for a meet infront of caste people and they are asking for 25lakhs and they want to break the engagement. my husband and his family doent have any respect in the society. now my husband want to cancel my marriage bcoz his parents not accepting me if he lives with me thier parents will suicide. he loves me very much.I have a arya samaj certificate but didn't get it registered with court and marriage photos.i know one of his uncle he is telling dont take any action bcoz u done mistake after engagement u married and my husband family and relatives thinking am cheated my husband. what should i do? plz help me.


 7 Replies


Dear Author! I want to talk to u in person. U can call me at 9871158578
1 Like

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     08 February 2010

Dont worry. Though your marriage is not registered, in the eye of law, it is valid.  You have the full right for a continued married life with your husband.  If you really like your husband don't give him up for anybody or anything. 

1 Like


I think you asked the question earlier and most of the advocates have given a similar advice to you.  I cannot understand why you are coming up again afresh with the same querry.

Any how, your marriage is a valid one.  The boy is trying to exploit you by faking a threat about committing suicide.  The engagement with any other girl has neither recognition in law nor legal sanctity.  On the other hand, irrespective of your non-registration of marriage, it is a valid marriage because it has been held in accordance with the Hindu rights and customs.  Instead of asking questions, I hope, you take positive actions to keep in tact of your marriage.

1 Like

skmca (MCA)     09 February 2010

thank u very much for all responses. Prabhakar sir I am sorry. i dont want to waste lawyersclubindia members time. every day am facing new problem i cant understand what to do. i want advice so i posted same problem with new points. first time we have problem with engaged girl parents and my husband want to compromise for the 2nd marriage. but now i am facing problem with my husband's parents.some of the advocates gave advice my marriage is valid. my husband's uncle telling if my husband acepts me then it is valid if he want to cancel my marraige is not valid and dont take action the law is not ur side bcoz after engagement ur marragie is done. i strongly told him i taken advice from advocates my marraige is valid but he is telling u r marriage is performed with childish thinkng. He is a lawyer. i like my husband very much and he also loves me very much. he facing problems his is in a mental tension. his paretns blaming me and they are changing my husband's thinking. now he want only parents he is cheating with me. he is not talking with me and thinking about me. i cant discuss this problem with my family or friends. am a single person. am in a mental tension and am depressed. i want help from all experts. Plz help me!!!!

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     09 February 2010



First of all your marriage is valid even if it is done after engagment.

Further Go and file case under section 9 of HMA to get your husband back.

and your husband is also not willing to come to you then go and file a criminal case against the boy and his family memebers then he alongwith his family members will come to you and accept you.

You can also file a case of maintenance.


1 Like

skmca (MCA)     11 February 2010

thank u very much Kamal ji....

         How can i file case U/s 9 of HMA? can i go to police station or can i meet a lawyer? can u please tell me the procedure.



Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     12 February 2010


You hae to approach the Court directly. You may send me your detail, May be one of my associate help you.

There is one more option, which you can avail and all his family memebrs will be in trouble and will not be able to run away. coz in section 9 he may refuse to come to you.

First send me your detail and location at



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query