LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanisha Sushant Dhumak (House Wife)     16 June 2012

Hawker threats/harassment

Sub: Illegal selling of Custom Goods at dirt cheap price(Hawker) in front of Vinayak Apt, Vasai (W) by paying "Hafta" to Municipality

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing this on behalf of my father (Mohsin Matiwala). My father has a shop in Vinayak Apt in Vasai (W), since he’s in his 70’s we had given out our shop on rent. The person whom we had last rented our shop to (Mohammed Younus Lakha), he was just not ready to vacate our shop, he ‘s like a local goon, and after lots of hardship (filing a complaint against him in police station and also greasing the hands of the police)we were able to remove him. But now he sells his illegal goods on the road right in front of our shop. Due to this our shop gets covered and no one is ready to take it on rent due to his fear. The entire Vinayak Apt Society too fears him. We have applied in the Municipality and also in Police Station, but he bribes them. We also went to our area corporator, but he too simply dismissed the case. And past 4 months we have no tenants. They threatened our parents saying we know where all you went to file complaint against us, even if you go to Thane no one will help, since I give "Hafta". Please Help us.

Learning

1 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     16 June 2012

Bring a competitor to him by giving some concessions like rent free for first 2 months. As people got used to buy custom goods from that place they will buy coming to the shop habitually.  Who sells does not matter to them. He is not going away from that place because that place is known for people for sale of custom goods.  So one competitor (businessman doing same dhandha) will set off that fellow.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register