LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Baruah   06 April 2019

Harassment case against me

Respected Sir/Madam Sub : Harassment by a Company Proprietor for which I had worked earlier Earlier I used to work for a company (no bond/agreement signed by me) of sole proprietorship. I worked as a computer operator cum multi tasker,as market agent and also has to work for his personal home works. at first he was calmed and gentle towards me . after a while he bagan to show his real face, his anger, harassing me and threatens me to send me jail if i will not work according to him.. i left the job after a year on 11 december. and now the owner is again threatening me to file a FIR against me and will sent me to jail and for fraud case if i haven't return and show my him expenditure of works done by the company which i have already submitted. what should i do at this point.


 1 Replies

shraddha Easwaran   24 April 2022

Dear querist,

You need to file an immediate case against him. you may use section 506 IPC. It stands for criminal intimidation. As the owner is threatening you, you may use section 506 IPC. Additionally, you may also use section 195 A of IPC. This stands for threatening a person to produce false evidence. Section 498 A, IPC also comes into play, it represents physical or mental harassment. Here the question that needs to be answered is, can he file a case against you without any contract/agreement/bond. The answer is that he can file a case against you, as contracts are the soul of filing any lawsuit. But here there’s no mandate that the document should be written, oral contracts or verbal contracts are also given due importance in the court.

Link to read more about Section 506, IPC-



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register