Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sarakatoch (Team lead)     25 May 2011

Grandfather property


My grandfather is having  3 sons and one daughter. My father died last year. My grandfather distributed his property in 2 sons and his daughter but did not added my fathers share. Can I sue them for my or my fathers right. My mother is alive  and I am married now. Please guide

 3 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     25 May 2011

If this property is your grand father name in personal cepecity so he distributed this property as he like but if the property is not personal cepecity thenafter u enter your name in revenue resords and if they not enter your name in records u file a civil suit in civil court.

sarakatoch (Team lead)     25 May 2011

Sorry I didn't get this  - 'personal cepecity' Also we have big house in village. wherein some portion of house is ancestral and some is built by grandfather. Can I ask for the right for the ancestral house? And regarding land property ...all the property is ancestral not purchased by grandfather...still can my mother sue for share.....The distribution of property is done after my fathers death do the case canbe filed on any basis by my mother....????

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     25 May 2011

Yes, If property is ancestral so your mother and your right in this property, u can file a suit for that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query