Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreesha   15 August 2015

Grand fathers property inappropriately registered

Hi,

My grandfather passed away in the month of April 2015 . He had a heart attack on 4 th of March 2015. He is survived by a wife and four children ( two women and two men ) of whom my mother is the oldest daughter . Last week all of the siblings met to disclose the fact that he had registered 42 cents and his house in the name of his younger daughter and left the document with a neighbor .  Another 30 cents adjoining and another 15 cents in a different place have not be discussed about , this undiscussed property happens to be inherited ones . He had given away only what he earned. However the neighbor claims the registration happened after his attack . We suspect forgery . He was 89 years of age when he expired. Does my mother and other siblings have an equal right on the house. Is it possible for someone to give away their property to only one child. What legal step should we take to get equal share of property . 

Thanks

Sreesha

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 August 2015

he can give away his self aquired property to whomever he wants to give.but if you suspect fraud being played you can challenge the genuineness of the will before the court

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 September 2015

If the property was  Self acquired property of your Grand father he has full right to execute a  WILL

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register