LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEEPIKA   05 November 2020

Gpa regarding

Hello Sir, Our family is of 5 members. In 2008 we lost our father. We had a Property registered in my Fathers name which we selling now. Me and my Sister got married. Now If we want to sell that property, Will the signature of my mother and bother is enough. Or we both sisters should sign. If yes, we are unable to go to my native place. If we give a GPA to my mother and brother, is it OK. Please advice.


 5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     05 November 2020


If the property is in your father's name then after the death of your father you should get a legal heirship certificate from the court. Thereafter you can sell the property as per your wish executing power of attorney. 

Sumit Nandvani (Advocate)     05 November 2020

U can sell but u should execute a registered GPA on behalf of your brother

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     05 November 2020


Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 November 2020

Yes. You can give registered POA to your mother or brother to sell the property.

K.S.Ramaswamy Advocate (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2020

The reasons for unable to come in person has to be disclosed and if it is satisfactory and acceptable, POA would suffice in my opinion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register