Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

covance   15 July 2015

Govt. job for daughter cancelled on grounds of diabetes

RESPECTED LAWYERS,

MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN SELECTED IN A GOVERNMENT JOB AT THE AGE OF 23 YEARS. HER CANDIDATURE IS BEING CANCELLED BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM JUVENILE DIABETES MELLITUS FROM AGE OF 11 YEARS. RECENTLY, SHE UNDERWENT KIDNEY TRANSPLANT ALSO. SOMEONE HAS TOLD ME THAT THERE IS A JUDGEMENT OF COURT WHICH SAYS THAT JUVENILE DIABETES MELLITUS PATIENTS CANNOT BE DENIED GOVT. JOBS BASED ON THEIR ILLNESS. I WANTED YOUR EXPERT COMMENTS ON THIS AND IF ANYONE HAS A COPY OR LINK TO THE JUDGEMENT GIVEN BY HONORABLE COURT. I WILL BE HIGHLY OBLIGED TO YOU.

REGARDS,

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2015

I Tend to agree with you. There are opinions that diabetes is not a disease/is curable or controlable imbalance.

However the kidney transplant may be in list of medical disorders of the establishment for rejection.

You may not get releif from heirarchy. However complete the internal remedies by making representations to Selection Authority, Chairman's office..............................before you contemplate to aproach court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2015

Indly intimate what job is she seleted.

Kindly seek medical standards represcribed for the post by using RTI.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     16 July 2015

The Madras High court passed judgement (reported in todays newspaper) in Pushpa v/s Central Railways. The judgement will help you definitely. for more details pl read todays news paper

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2015

Dear Mr.S.Shravan Kumar,

Sir,

Please mention the name of newspaper. If possible kindly attach the e-paper or the decision or provide the link to judgment.

Was this case filed in 2008 and decided now!

Regards

KumarDoab

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     16 July 2015

It is reported in Telugu news paper EENADU.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2015

Regret I do not know Telugu. Your help is sought to get the judgment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register