LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

not as of now (not as of now)     24 June 2014

Got divorce and maintenance whats next step


Finally after 3 years i got judgement from district court and my divoce pettition is allowed and my wife RCR is dismissed.


and in main maintenance i got order that i need to may 6000 as monthly maintenance. 


My wife may now go to appeal in High Court, Can any one tell me how to proceed in this situation. 




 1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     24 June 2014

Pay the maintainance to your wife as per the order of the court.


Wait till you receive notice of the appeal from the HC. When you receive the notice, then take it to your lawyer and contest the appeal on merit.


If your wife do not file appeal against the decree then, you can remarry after 90 days from the date of the decree.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads