LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya dcruz (aa)     23 July 2013

Give authority to my father/lawyer to attend divorce hearing

I was married in Mumbai in 2008. After which I learnt of my husband's ways. We moved to London(the trip was sponsored by me) for his further education. After which he got more abusive both physically and emaotionally(also he did not want to work). I deported him. And have asked for my money and a divorce via email. After great struggle(after having suffered emotional and financial loss) I have a job in London

He has now filed for a divorce, but I cannot attend the hearings as:

1) I am too afraid of him(he has physically abused me and threathed harm to my life in the past)

2) I will loose my job in London

Is it possible that my parents/lawyer represent me in India? I also want a divorce from him (whether he pays me back my money or not)

If it is possible what is the procedure and what documents are required?

Any advice will be appreciated.


 3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 July 2013

after going through your query it is great to hear that wife sponsered husband studies and also for job and he deserted her by physicallly and mentally very astonishing 

within this forum such query was raised last month and i am giving you the thread go through this because it was discussed step by step 




1 Like

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     23 July 2013

You can hire an advocate and also give power of attorney to your parents to carry on with your case.. if at all your presence is required.. you can also make an application to court for remaining  present through video conferencing and arrange the same if need arise.

Or..file your reply / affidavit and consent for divorce ... let the case go on and ex-parte orders be passed by court..

1 Like

Priya dcruz (aa)     23 July 2013

Thank you for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register